We’re getting a puppy! Are you crying happy tears too!? Darren and I have been on the search for a golden retriever puppy for a few months now and we’ve ALWAYS known we wanted one, a little golden guy named Percy – we literally call all golden retrievers Percy because that’s just how we think of them. We’ve been refreshing the AKC website each morning and serendipitously we found a lovely family in Pennsylvania with 8 little pups born on Halloween. Darren drove down on Monday, and now here we are, 4 weeks away from being puppy parents.
Anyway, I feel like an expecting mama, I’m in full-on nesting mode, counting down the days until we get to bring our pup home (December 22nd) and I thought I’d share the cutest bits I’ve found for our pup so far!
- We got this Harness Walk Kit from Wild One and it seems to have everything we’ll need for our first walk as a family of three – a harness, a leash, and a poop bag carrier too! We got this in a small, knowing that we’ll need to order the harness in a bigger size eventually.
- We also picked up a matching collar, but in an extra small, we just want to make sure we’ll have something that fits the day we bring puppy home.
- We got this collapsable dog bowl for the drive home, we’ll be sure to have food and water with us and this seemed like something good to have for the car and for all of our future adventures too! We love that it has a clip, that way we can clip it right on the leash!
- I couldn’t resist this plush dinosaur toy – it just looks like a baby toy and I love it so much for our little puppy baby.
- Eucalyptus and peppermint always calm me down when I’m anxious and I’m hoping they do the same for our pup, we’ve read a few training books and know to expect our puppy to be a little anxious at first.
I’m a first-time puppy mama, so please comment with anything and everything you think we’ll need!